Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ravelympics

Is anyone doing the Ravelympics? I've been considering it...I have some yarn lying around that needs to be crocheted...not to mention a WIP that desperately needs to be finished. It looks like it could be fun, and it really only makes sense to enter because I'm going to be crocheting while watching the Olympics, anyway...why not crochet for a purpose.

I read somewhere on etsy that some people donate some of their profit to charity, and I've been considering having a line of products where a certain percentage of the profit goes toward a charity. I don't have a particular charity in mind, though I know of one that gives books to children, and another whose goal is for LGBT children to be accepted in schools, and both of those places seem like worthy charities. I really like the idea of donating to charities, though I wonder if I should wait until I've made a few sales before starting this. On the other hand, it may bring more sales to my shop. I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Well, I'm off to bed. Happy Hooking!

2 comments:

NicKilty said...

I'm doing the Ravelympics. I was signed up for the Sock Put, but I might switch to fingerless gloves . . . I have some yarn and a pattern I'm dying to try and I know I won't get to start them until after the games if I do socks.

The Little Writer said...

Ooh, now I'm tempted to do fingerless gloves...I found a glove I made a while ago and have been trying to figure out what the heck I was thinking when I made it.